The first thing you need to know about the Sony a7S II is that it can record 1080p footage internally or be used to output 4K video to an external recorder. The internal 1080p footage is recorded using the XAVC S format, a more consumer-friendly version of Sony’s XAVC system. This is the first of the company’s cameras to use the format, which frees the camera from the bitrate restrictions of the AVCHD standard.
- 12MP full-frame EXMOR CMOS sensor
- Focuses at light levels to -4EV
- 1080 footage at up to 50Mbps (XAVC S)
- Extensive movie-focused capture options: S-Log2, Black Level, time code
- Video ISO Range 100 – 409,600
- Uncompressed 4:2:2 Full HD and 4K video output over HDMI
- 2.36M dot OLED viewfinder
- Mic and headphone sockets
- 720/120p option for slow-mo capture
- Wi-Fi with NFC
12.2MP full-frame sensor for low light & wide dynamic range
The innovative a7S II features a 12.2 effective MP full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor paired with a powerful BIONZ X image processor, allowing it to shoot at a sensitivity range of ISO 50 – 409600 with unprecedented dynamic range. The extra-large pixels on the a7S II collects dramatically more light than t raditional cameras to produce beautifully detailed low-noise images in even the most challenging lighting situations.
World’s first Full-frame 4K movie recording with fu ll pixel readout and no pixel binning
The a7S II is the world’s first camera to offer internal 4K movie recording in the full-frame format with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning – resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moiré and jaggies than typical 4K movies.
It also provides you the option of shooting 4k in the super 35mm format and the ability to capture uncompressed 4:2:2 Full HD or 4K QFHD output via HDMI to optional 3rd party external recorders. Enjoy the improved autofocus with 169 AF points and let every lens benefit from the 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization.
Fast precise focusing in light as low as EV -4 with 169-point AF
The a7S II has been upgraded from the a7S and now offers 169 AF points for fast, precise focusing with greater accuracy compared to the original a7S. The low signal-to-noise ratio produced by the image sensor of the a7S II enables the Fast Intelligent AF to detect contrast more easily and react speedily even in low-light situations (as low as EV-4), when it’s even tough to check focus with the naked eye. The AF performance on the a7S II is also twice as fast as the a7S during video shooting.
5-axis in-body image stabilization benefits every lens
The 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE is fine-tuned for 4k video capture. It accurately compensates for blur caused by camera shake from five different directions-vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll-as opposed to only two in previous systems.
The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur caused by the user walking or running.
120P Full HD 1920×1080 high-frame rate video for 5x slow motion
For the first time ever in the Sony a7 camera series, the a7S II can support high frame rate 120fps shooting in full-HD resolution (1920×1080) 100Mbps using the entire full frame sensor. Video can immediately be reviewed on the camera screen and eventually edited into appealing 4x/5x slow motion footage in Full HD (24p/30p) resolution.
3″ LCD screen tilts up and down for easy high and low-angle framing
The tiltable 3″ (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display makes it easy to photograph over crowds, or objects close to the ground or maybe you just want to get a different perspective. The screen can swivel up approx. 107° and down approx. 41°. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies thanks to WhiteMagic technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display through a unique RGBW pixel structure for easier checking of the focus and image details.
The Sony DSC-RX100 IV
Sony DSC-RX100 IV Features
- World’s first 20.1 MP 1″ Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS
- High resolution 4K movie recording with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
- Super-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter at max. 1/32000 sec. up to 16fps
- Bright F1.8- F2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens (24-70mm)
- Fast Intelligent AF thanks to the new Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer viewfinder and Sharp 3″ multi-angle LCD
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/ camera apps
- Dual record of 16.8MP photos while shooting movie w/ auto settings
- Enhanced pro-video functions and NTCS/ PAL switchable