SONY RX100 IV – Beautiful Slow Motion Camera
Slow motion video is undeniably cool. It’s not only visually intoxicating, it gives you a mind-bending perspective on the most fleeting of life’s moments. We are dedicated to reviewing and comparing slow motion video equipment in order to find the best high speed cameras suited for you.The Sony DSC-RX100 IV hand-held camera designed to capture full HD slow motion video at 960 frames per second. for the price of a decent compact instead of your typical US$100,000 slow-mo rig.
Sony DSC-RX100 IV Features
- World’s first 20.1 MP 1″ Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS
- High resolution 4K movie recording with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
- Super-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter at max. 1/32000 sec. up to 16fps
- Bright F1.8- F2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens (24-70mm)
- Fast Intelligent AF thanks to the new Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer viewfinder and Sharp 3″ multi-angle LCD
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/ camera apps
- Dual record of 16.8MP photos while shooting movie w/ auto settings
- Enhanced pro-video functions and NTCS/ PAL switchable
Super slow-motion movie3 HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
See the unseen with superspeed HFR (High Frame Rate). The RX100 IV can capture super slow motion HFR movie at up to 40x slower than real time. You can chose from 960fps, 480fps or 240fps to playback in XAVC S at 1920 x 1080, in either 60p, 30p or 24p4. Choose between “quality priority” (2 sec.) and “shoot time priority” (4 sec.). There’s also an option to set “start trigger” or “end trigger” which will start capturing movie before or after you press the movie rec. button so you can time those split-second moments perfectly.
High resolution Clip-4K movie with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
The compact – pocket-size RX100 IV features Clip 4K: short video of up to 5 minute 4K movie recording directly to SD memory card – ideal for everyday casual use. High quality 4k is achieved by the 1″ Exmor RS CMOS sensor with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning – resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moire and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Moreover, the XAVC S format is incorporated to maximize high-bitrate shooting up to 100 Mbps for professional quality video.